PUBLIC VIRTUAL SESSION: Feb 14 & 15, 2022
Join me for two half-day sessions in February. Read more below for a description.
Data Storytelling & Visualization Workshop
Learn the art and science, the theory and practical hands-on tactics of creating compelling communications experiences based on surveys, scientific research, public or proprietary data sources.
Join Bill Shander, LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com’s data visualization expert and top-rated workshop presenter, as he walks through a curriculum specially designed for different members of your team. Space is limited (the event is restricted to about 30 people) – which means you have a lot of access to Bill’s expertise. In this very hands-on practical and intimate setting, you will get to do the work, not listen to lectures all day.
In individual and team exercises, you will work your way up from basic visual thinking exercises to creating full outlines and plans for static infographics, PowerPoint decks, and/or interactive data experiences. You will practice converting abstract ideas and data into visuals, allowing you to conceptualize and produce a complete idea that could be handed to a designer for collaboration and execution.
Every attendee receives a 9X12″ whiteboard, 2 markers, an eraser, and a Key Takeaways document. This isn’t really “swag”. This is an important tool to use as part of the process. There’s no way to get started visualizing anything that beats sketching by hand.
- Strategies for creating memorable and effective data visualizations, data stories and infographics for your organization
- How to think about data and the visual communication of data
- Picking the right chart for your data
- Storytelling with data
- About information hierarchy and data visualization best practices
- The neuroscience and psychology behind how your audience will receive your data visualizations
- About research into best practices for data design and communications
Bill can develop custom content for your team and has available additional curriculum that can be added or swapped for the default workshop, based on your team’s specific needs.
Who Should Attend